Tuesday 3 October 2006, by ACTi
The main initiatives and projects undertaken by the Four Motors for Europe:
> The Economy and Employment
- Creation of a "Clusters" workshop on the topic of good practices in regional policies to promote innovation and networking among European clusters.
- Organization of a series of talks on employment, the last of which was hosted by Stuttgart in 2008. These encounters bring together labour representatives from the four regions to explore and discuss the changing face of employment.
> The Environnment and sustainable Developpment
- Participation in the ECREIN+ project. Its purpose is to promote eco-innovation on a European scale by pooling techniques, financial resources and good practices to support SMEs and clusters active in the field of eco-innovation.
- Participation in the Regio LLL scheme designed to promote the exchange of experiences and the implementation of joint projects on professional training and lifelong career guidance in conjunction with FREREF - the Foundation of European Regions for Research in Education and Training.
- Conclusion of agreements to simplify exchange programs between apprentices from the four regions.
- Allocation of grants to help A-level and university students gain experience in the four partner regions.
- Organization of consciousness-raising workshops for young citizens from the regions of the Four Motors for Europe.
- Cooperation in the sphere of film-making, drama, music and artist-in-residence programmes.
- Organisation of annual sports meetings for promising young athletes from the Four Motors for Europe in the following disciplines: gymnastics, judo, athletics, table tennis, canoeing and kayaking.